Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Problems

Ah to be young and single again....

I was talking to my partner the other day about his frustrations at University E. Many of them were of an academic nature, involving cultural difficulties adjusting to a higher education system that does things differently than the US. These are the most numerous, and the most minor. His biggest problem, of course, was missing the rest of his family.

His second biggest? Too much beer. Ah to be young and single again.... A group from his department goes out to a bar several nights a week after work. My partner has been going with them. And he's been consuming enough alcohol that he's feeling slightly sick by the weekend and leaves him craving non-fried food.

Somehow, I do not find myself full of sympathy for his plight.

No comments:

Post a Comment