Friday, October 21, 2011

Now I'm just confused

This came out of Herman Cain's mouth yesterday:
“I believe that life begins at conception and abortion, under no circumstances,” Cain told Morgan.  Pressed on if he would apply this same directive to his grandchildren, Cain candidly responded.
“It comes down to, it’s not the government’s role or anybody’s role to make that decision. Secondly, if you look at the statistical incidents, you’re not talking about that number. What I’m saying is it ultimately gets down to a choice that the family or that mother has to make. Not me as president, not some politician, not a bureaucrat. It gets down to that family. And whatever they decide. I shouldn’t have to tell them what decision to make for such a sensitive issue.”
I'm sure he's not pro-choice. Or, if he is, he will remove it from his platform soon. But this was just hilarious. His summary of the pro-life movement's stand in this country is so spot on!

Update (10/21 12:20 pm):

ROFL!!!!!

CAIN: It would be an illegal abortion. Look, abortion should not be legal, that is clear, but if that family made a decision to break the law, that is that family’s decision, that’s all I’m trying to stay.

1 comment:

  1. I know... The hypocrisy is just astonishing.
    The attitude can be summarized as: I don't want the government/politicians to tell me how to live my life, but if I get into power, I sure want to be able to prevent all women from making decisions about their bodies. Because they are not to be trusted. And because no matter what, I am right.

    ReplyDelete