Monday, July 18, 2011

A few bits of entertaining science

I'll have some real content in a bit, once I catch my breath from these last few weeks.

In the mean time, here's an article that caught my intention recently, mostly because of the abstract and title:

"The Number of Same-Sex Marriages in a Perfectly Bisexual Population is Asymptotically Normal"

And while I'm on the topic of papers that are probably saying something important, but are using a silly model to make the point, see this one on vampires from a few years back.

"Macroeconomic Policy and the Optimal Destruction of Vampires"

And finally, brought to my attention from Funk Dr. X, a song about human sexuality. I'm not sure what I think of it on either the scientific or feminist axes, but it's fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment